We’re a leading investor in the UK’s long-term social care infrastructure. With an established health and care real estate investment platform, we manage a portfolio of over 98 modern, purpose-built care homes. We strive to create exceptional facilities that you’d choose for your loved ones, investing in best-in-class care homes that can also be a catalyst for positive change and impact in a community.
Care home investments
Our care homes combine the highest standards for quality and care. They include many shared spaces, including for family visits, helping to create a sense of belonging. Discrete design features further support wellbeing, along with safety. They’re the exceptional facilities that our loved ones deserve.
We strive to create exceptional spaces where care can flourish. Take a virtual tour of one of our facilities, or visit our dedicated care homes page for more information.
What we offer
Investment and financing
- Long-term financing as a specialist investor and engaged landlord.
- Sale & leaseback, forward funding or forward investment.
- Strategic partnerships often including multiple deals with operators across multiple homes.
- Sourcing land in ideal locations for care homes.
- Working closely with architects, planners and designers.
- Actively involved in planning, attending events and engaging with communities.
- Providing development finance
- Bringing the capacity to take the strain and ensure a stress-free build for partners.
- Applying extensive experience in negotiating all aspects of building, starting with planning applications.
- Working throughout the building process to ensure high standards and regulations are met.
- Understanding operators and deals as part of governance through our in-house clinical assurance team.
- Providing advice, guidance and hands-on support for property management or home operations.
- Encouraging sharing of best practice via events with expert speakers including our Quality Care Forum.
- On 1 January 2021, Octopus Investments became a signatory of the Operating Principles for Impact Management. The Octopus Real Estate care homes fund have inherently operated targeting a positive social impact since they launched. Since becoming a signatory, the fund has been operated in line with the Impact Principles. Read our Impact principles.
- We are committed to ensuring our care homes will be net zero by 2030 through taking steps on new constructions projects and making changes to our existing portfolio, read more here.
Working together with operators we can deliver better experiences for care home residents, staff and local communities,
along with results for investors. Take a look at some of the care homes we have helped to create.
Supporting the growth of one of the UK’s largest elderly care providers, UK locatio…
Enabling the development of a high-quality purpose-built elderly care home, Greater M…
Octopus Real Estate to develop and fund 60-bedroom care home for Brendoncare in Winch…
Connect with our specialists
We’re looking to partner with operators who share our values and provide quality care. If you’re seeking to grow your portfolio of homes, please get in touch with our team.